STICKY

Karma Cafe – No Menu – You will get served, what you deserved

Karma  – a concept which can answer all your questions depending on the perspective.

Karma is the law of moral causation. The theory of Karma is a fundamental doctrine in Buddhism. This belief was prevalent in India before the advent of the Buddha. Nevertheless, it was the Buddha who explained and formulated this doctrine in the complete form in which we have it today.

Does inequality of mankind have a cause, or it is purely accidental? No sensible person would think of attributing this unevenness, this inequality, and this diversity to blind chance or pure accident.

In this world nothing happens to a person that he does not for some reason or other deserve. Usually, men of ordinary intellect cannot comprehend the actual reason or reasons. The definite invisible cause or causes of the visible effect is not necessarily confined to the present life, they may be traced to a proximate or remote past birth.

According to Buddhism, this inequality is due not only to heredity, environment, “nature and nurture”, but also to Karma. In other words, it is the result of our own past actions and our own present doings. We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.

Why are we talking about this heavy subject on a wellness blog? Well! Maybe it is interesting to connect this to our health as well. It is proven that we inherit 25% through our genes, 15 % culturally and the rest is non inherited factors, Since the 40% of what we are is probably our past lives Karma, the rest of 60% has to be what we can make of ourselves in this life (present doings) in being the architects of our health.

Do we have a tally of all the things that we ate and drank since childhood, the good bad and ugly?  Did we give meaning full exercise to our body, since when? Did we let our body and mind rejuvenate (sleep and rest)? Did we abuse our mind and body for all emotional turmoil’s in life? It would be interesting to find the answers. As the saying goes we have no tools to handle the consequences that we are not expecting.

The most reasonable solution for this is to lead a life of awareness, even if we begin today. To be aware is to take cognizance of our action, thoughts and emotions. In that process we may not always do the right things (highly circumstantial)  but at least we are cognizant of the wrong actions too, this awareness can help us do remedial measures or at least accept the consequence gracefully.

Write a comment

Make an Appointment